Material Handler-Component Stock
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Under general supervision, the Material Handler Performs manual and clerical duties related to storing, issuing and delivering a variety of materials, equipment and supplies. |
|Duties:||Typical Duties and Responsibilities|
1. Using a Work Order, accurately pulls and compiles component stock into bins for daily production schedules.
2. Places newly received component stock or unused component stock onto appropriate location on stock shelves.
3. May perform data entry transactions into computer system.
4. Works from prints, drawings, samples and written procedures.
5. Documents actions by completing appropriate forms / reports.
6. Performs all work in a manner that provides for the safety and health of self and other manufacturing personnel.
7. Meets work quotas while conforming to DMP quality standards.
8. Observes company policies. Continuously strives to find processes that create improved efficiency while maintaining conformance to requirements. Acknowledges responsibility to satisfy the customer, reduce cycle time and eliminate waste.
9. May perform related duties or fill in for others in the department or other departments when requested. May train or instruct fellow workers regarding own duties.
10. Contributes to team effort by performing other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Good hand/eye coordination. Ability to handle small components with ease and perform neat work.
• Detailed-minded as well as accuracy in recording transactions.
• Ability to count accurately.
• Above average proficiency in use of computers.
• Ability to read/follow detailed written/oral instructions.
• Ability to accurately record daily activity and/or specific observations.
• Ability to work with little or no supervision when given proper instruction.
• Possess sufficient physical strength to safely handle large test fixtures up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in a non-smoking environment.
• Demonstrate punctuality, good work attitude and cooperative relationship with others in department/company.
• Flexible with overtime.
• Accept and benefit from constructive criticism.
• Demonstrate excellent attendance (96% minimum).
• Any other equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Basic skills and/ or knowledge of the following:
-Hazardous Materials Identification System (HMIS)
• Upholds corporate mission and values
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.