Technical Training Manager -Texas/Lower Mississippi Region
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Regional Training Manager partners with Dealer Development Managers to provide technical training and support to DMP dealers, transforming technicians into experts in the design, installation, programming, troubleshooting, and operation of DMP systems.|
Reports to: Vice President, Training & Quality
Hours: Monday-Friday, travel required.
|Duties:||1. Partners with Dealer Development Managers (DDM) to schedule and provide learner-centered, performance-based, hands-on training for new and existing DMP dealer installation, technical service, central station, and sales personnel. |
a. Partners with new DMP dealer installation & service teams to make transition to DMP a good experience, training new dealers within four weeks of placement of their stocking order.
b. Accompanies new dealers on their first DMP installation to answer questions, provide assistance, etc.
c. Assists with receiver system, automation system, and remote programming software installation.
d. Transforms technicians into experts in the design, installation, programming, troubleshooting, and operation of DMP systems.
2. Meets or exceeds performance metric goals and expectations.
3. Uses LMS to schedule classes, enroll students, “complete” the class, and enter student performance on the day the class is completed.
4. Travels to conduct on-site training classes and regional training events. Reports to work on time, impeccably groomed in clean, pressed, appropriate clothing in good repair. Flexibility is required, as some travel and training may be needed in other regions and may sometimes require weekend travel. Conducts training webinars.
5. Provides on-site assistance for dealers with difficult technical problems, staying until the problem is resolved.
6. Helps develop training plans for new products.
7. Identifies unresolved customer issues, takes ownership, and reports this information to the appropriate DDM.
8. Reads and understands sales and technical literature on all DMP products. Completes study/exam assignments.
9. Manages shared Zimbra calendar and maintains contact with the dealers to be trained, the DDM, top prospects in the region, and Customer Care Administrative Assistant in regards to training needs.
10. Manages expenses to budget as a % sales. Arranges travel. Submits expense reports on time each week.
11. Observes company policies. Continuously strives to find processes that create improved efficiency while conforming to requirements. Acknowledges responsibility to satisfy the customer, reduce cycle time and eliminate waste.
12. Performs other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
13. Are consists of Texas, Louisiana and lower Mississippi region.
|Qualifications:|| High school diploma|
 Associates Degree in Electronics, or equivalent training.
 3 years experience in customer service and problem solving in the burglar/fire alarm industry.
 Excellent telephone skills, ability to handle pressure, and strong customer orientation.
 Public speaking/training skills and experience.
 Comfortable with extensive travel.
 Share and uphold the DMP’s Corporate Vision, Mission, and Values.
 Ability to study and pass (90%) advanced RTM examinations. Loves learning and embraces change.
 Ability to accurately follow detailed instructions.
 Ability to keep information in confidence.
 Ability to work in a non-smoking work environment.
 Demonstrated punctuality, excellent work attitude, a sense of urgency, and cooperative relationship with others.
 Accept and benefit from constructive criticism.
 Demonstrated excellent attendance (99% minimum).
 Any other equivalent combination of training and experience.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.