Electronic Bench Technician
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Under the general supervision of the Supervisor, the Test and Repair Technician provides timely, accurate and efficient testing and repair of all products and customer returns; assists in resolving technical problems in Production; and performs preventative maintenance for electrical test equipment, final test fixtures/tools, and other production equipment.
|Duties:||1. Applies electrical and electronic theory and related knowledge to test, troubleshoot and repair products returned for repair by DMPís internal and external customers.|
2. Maintains organized test documents; product schematics and parts lists, revision upgrades, test fixture documentation, test software listings and revision history.
3. Ensures that all RMAs are repaired within 5 days from receipt and/or all production boards are repaired the same day they are brought to the repair area.
4. Maintains test and repair supplies and components inventory.
5. Maintains safe and clean working environment daily.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
7. Ensures operation of assigned production, test, and safety equipment and follows preventative maintenance schedule.
8. Observes company policies. Continuously strives to find processes that create improved efficiency while maintaining conformance to requirements. Acknowledges responsibility to satisfy the customer, reduce cycle time and eliminate waste.
|Qualifications:||* High school diploma or equivalent.|
* Degree in electronics and two years experience in component level troubleshooting and repair.
* Proven proficiency with soldering / desoldering techniques.
* Understand basic programming principles.
* Possess mechanical aptitude and good math skills.
* Ability to use technical data books with a thorough understanding of all component parameters.
* Ability to analyze problems, quickly determine solutions, and effectively implement those solutions.
* Good hand/eye coordination. Ability to handle small components with ease and perform neat work.
* Ability to read/follow detailed written/oral instructions.
* Knowledge of component identification codes and orientation.
* Ability to accurately record daily activity and/or specific observations.
* Ability to work with little or no supervision when given proper instruction.
* Possess basic computer skills
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.